Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wedding couple and air conditioning

Many years ago > I used to pour plaster into my old chocolate molds and make Rabbits and Santas and more . This is a wedding couple that I made . The mold I have is metal .... it's old ! I made the base from polymer clay .
I painted the figures and antiqued them . I made these chalkware type of figures because I couldn't afford Vallencourt things ... ha ha
so I made my own ! and also sold these in gift shops

AND
BIG NEWS
CRABBY Sandy is HAPPY
Husband Michael bought a little air conditioner and oh my gosh .... it is little lightweight thing ,
it cooled the house a little but mostly it got rid of the humidity
He got it at Walmart for $125.00 and it only weighs about 40 pounds
I had no idea they made them like this !
We have one in the basement collecting dust and it's metal and the thing must weigh 400 pounds . and there it will stay .

anyway > so now behind this wedding couple , in this window is my lovely little air conditioner that wrecks the look of my pretty little window , but that's okay ..... I am thanking the Lord for this air conditioner !
My cats look better , and I swear I heard Juliette say thank you !

Oh > click to enlarge

ONE more thing > Visit Cathy's blog to see her new wall of art [ some of my work is there ]
I love it !


11 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Sandy--I am SOOO happy--I found your blog and wonderful art--thank you for sharing your talent. I'm off to your Etsy store now!

Janine said...

Sandy these are so cute! lol about Juliet! I am happy that you are happy friend!

Sandy Mastroni said...

Diane ! thank you ... glad to meet you
and Janine > thanks , yes we are MUCH happier now

canngil said...

love them....so sweet, but did you ever do a set in brighter colors??
We got a little windfall a couple of years ago, and I had my husband get the most powerful window ac we could find at Sears. It is wonderful, and even has a remote control clicker! We have a couple of fans set up around the room to move the cool air around, and it is lovely!

Cindi Myers said...

Yep, that's what I'm talking about! Those window air-conditioners! I NOW have 2 on the 1st floor and one upstairs in my bedroom...I'm in Heaven!
How did I ever survive before!?
So I KNOW EXACTLY how happy you are my friend! Waahoo!
(I just hope they don't suck the moisture out of our dewy youthful skin)LOL!

Cindi Myers said...

Oops! I was so busy talking about the cool air! I forgot to tell you what a great idea that was, using the molds! They are awesome!!!!

Sandy Mastroni said...

ha ha Cindi
My face is looking a little wrinkled
I love my little air conditioner

Susan said...

Congrats on the A/C. Blessedly we have central air and it is marvelous. Years back I used plaster in little candy molds shaped like circus animals and painted them and made pins from them. That's what my co-workers got for Christmas that year and they actually loved them. To have nice vintage chocolate molds would be awesome. Your wedding couple is pretty dang cool. I would never known they weren't antiques. Way to go, Girly Girl.

sMacThoughts said...

Glad you got an a/c!! And these are so amazing, Sandy.... you are so talented. You could even make them separate (or are they touching?) as well, I bet. Nice!!

Linda O'Neill said...

What a cute little married couple! Love the way you painted them, Sandy.

I hear ya about the AC. I just got one for my studio last summer and it saves me on days like today when it's 100 degrees!

Lydia said...

Love the couple!

I am loving my central ac. When we first got central air in our last house, (one cannot survive in MD w/out one), I sang a little song that I made up, "I love central air...I love central air!!!!....

... my kids, little then, thought that I was oh , so silly. Now that they are older, they think that Mom is 'so out of it', haha

xo