Saturday, October 25, 2008

done


I just finished packing a HUGE box to send to Cavalier Gallery so he can send it to Florida . It is so much work to pack up paintings and all the odds and ends . But it's done . It's a relief but at the same time I get sad .
anyway .... now I sit and wait
The show is the first week of December , that seems far away .

My friend Tom stopped by last night and he gave me this great old photo from the forties of all these ladies sitting in front of the factory they worked in . Such a great photograph . So after I packed up my stuff .... I took out " Willow " and drew a lady . Yes this is with inktense pencil . Willow willow willow

4 comments:

NanaBeast said...

Wow! This gal is great! And the "Willow" color is perfect for the nostalgic feel of the composition, too.

I can only imagine how it must be to work so intensely and then have to say "bye, bye" to all your creations so soon.

*HUGS*

Yay, Tom, for coming by with an inspirational photo and WOO HOO for WILLOW!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi sandy!
congratulations! what a great job you have done creating exceptional pieces and getting them to the gallery.
I love your new drawing! she is wonderful!
you are amazing!
xo
melissa

suze said...

I am willowing tomorrow!

Susan said...

Hi, I come to you from Suze's blog about your fabulous art. She is so right. I just love your work. I am so glad when we remember to photograph our creations, so when they go to another home, we still have our memories. Artists are such a funny bunch of monkeys. I wouldn't change it for the world! Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Susan