Friday, June 20, 2008

At the Zoo


Someone told me
It's all happening
at the zoo

I do believe it
I do believe it's true

It's a light and
tumble journey
from the East Side
to the park

Just a fine and fancy
ramble to the zoo

Simon and
Garfunkel lyrics
Zoos make me sad
but I do like this song

This is something I painted THREE years ago . It's a painting on brown paper .
which I glued onto board .
Happy weekend .

Oh I forgot to add something here ..... I remember how I started this painting . First I painted a big red tomato and then I painted a big yellow banana . Somehow they became a mother and daughter and then the son appeared ... and then the animals . I had a lot of fun painting this .

1 comment:

Diana said...

ooOooo. I love it. Can I ever start a post by not saying that? No. Not if I'm reading your blog.

I love it!

That stern faced banana mama looks a little like me! I love how you describe the start of it.

Do you ever feel petrified when you start something new? I always do. I worry that I am going to paint something absolutely awful, that shows what a hack I am.

Uh oh -- gotta run for a sec. Duty calls. I have to tell you about at the local arts festival!