Tuesday, March 17, 2015

three art dolls , and a story about my oven


This is Claudia Anne .... she has a blue fringe trim at the hemline



This is Cookie ..... with her stripes and polka dots


This is Claudia , I put a gauze fabric at the hemline

I made these three ...... for my friend in England to look at , for her to decide if she wants any of these dolls .
also

OH .... I've had so much going on here , house stuff !!!!  problems , but they did all work out okay .
One night last week I turned on my oven , walked away , and when I came back , it was beeping like crazy , I could not shut the oven off , and the stove was SO SO HOT . It freaked me out , scary ..... so my husband shut the circuit breaker off , we put fans in the windows and the oven cooled down . well ..... so.... we needed to get a new range , since this one was 17 years old . and all the other appliances were 17 years old too ,  we went and bought a new washer , dryer , refrigerator and a GAS range { I've always had electric }
but the problem was the driveway and walkways were solid ice  { under the snow } ..... so we spent a day chopping ice and shoveling .
the other problem was clearing a path in the basement , { I have SO much stuff } , clean out the frig , clean and move stuff in the kitchen so they could get the new stuff in , we have a small cape cod house , so things are tight
I'm getting used to the gas stove .... I wanted it because I've also been getting into using a cast iron skillet ! {{{ I like it }}}}
I made THE best  eggs that night . I've been cooking for over 40 years and I never could make eggs , so I made my husband very happy finally !!!!!!
When we went to the small appliance store { not a big place like Home Depot } .... when we walked in , the first thing I saw was a beautiful AQUA range . I WANT THAT ONE , I said ..... but then I realized it was just for display , a beautiful old aqua range from the Fifties ....... oh ...... so ...... just get the basic boring , VERY basic nothing fancy appliances . just plain white , so boring ..... but even though ........ I'm grateful , they are clean and new , so that's good
anyway this real life stuff exhausts me .... I haven't been working and that makes me NUTS ,
Hoping to post more on this blog , I love Pinterest , I don't like Facebook , I don't know what good Flickr does me ........
but I just want to thank you for visiting and I hope you will come back again !!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Girly Girl. I realized that I haven't been reading blogs lately and wanted to come by and say hello. I see you on pinterest sometimes but I still do mostly Facebook. Hope you are doing well. Think of you often, seeings as I have your bird nest girl in my studio. Take care and enjoy those new appliances. xoxo