Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I've gone chalk paint crazy

 this is an OLD mirror , got it years ago at a yard sale . It's a pretty big mirror . It measures about 18 x 20 inches . It's chalk ware ? ..... old plaster ??? ........ anyway it's really old .  It was painted bright aqua { looked awful } , so it stayed in my basement for years .  Last night I threw on some pale pink chalk paint , here you see the first coat of pale pink over the aqua . ......... OH .... I am loving chalk paint !
 I put three coats of my own chalk paint on . Then I sanded , so some of the aqua pops out , and then I rubbed paste wax on .

Last night as I fell asleep.... I counted things to paint with chalk paint { instead of counting sheep }
I might even paint my refrigerator .  I've gone chalk paint crazy !!!!

3 comments:

yoborobo said...

You crack me up. I love the mirror, and the combo of the pink over the aqua has me swooning. Carry on, Chalk Paint Woman!!! xox

Sandy Mastroni said...

thanks Pam
I painted furniture all day ..... I'm going to paint everything is this house !

Robin Kent said...

I love a painted house! Working on that end goal as well. Isn't it nice to go to sleep thinking of fun projects to start? Thanks for the inspiration!