Friday, February 25, 2011

new art doll , bunny baby

I made a girl bunny doll yesterday and I just finished a boy bunny doll [ no photo yet ]
I will try to get these two new dolls in my shop by this weekend
It's been so long since I blogged ! I don't think I've ever gone this long without writing .
I'm still mad ..... frustrated too
I always think my middle name should be Overwhelm . Sandy Overwhelm Mastroni
but maybe I should add 'greedy' ?
There's SO much I want to do ..... I want to READ [ like I used to do ] .... I want to paint more involved paintings [ like I used to do ]
I want to make cool curtains ..... paint a wall , clean the house

But I really miss reading the most
and the days fly by .
I PLAN to do a give away soon .... so please come back again . Not sure when I will do this , but SOON
I miss you . OH > and I've been having a problem keeping up on everyone's blogs , because my computer is slow to load a blog . Why is this happening ? I have to keep hitting refresh and it still doesn't load , so I get mad and just leave . does this happen to you ? I have an APPLE which I still LOVE , it's only slow with loading up blogs .
This Saturday there is book sale two streets over from me . Like I need more books .
but I'm always looking for that book that makes my heart beat fast , maybe another classic
or one to rip pages out to draw on .
well ... it's late
have a happy Friday ! and a good weekend !

12 comments:

Emce said...

I took a bit more of your time, I bought Elaine, so you have to go to the post-office again. I want 48 hours in a day and that's probably still too little........

Nichola said...

I miss living in the city and taking the bus to work because it was the only hour in the day that I could keep to myself and read to my hearts content. *sigh*

GreenErica said...

Hi Sandy! Love reading your blog. When you don't write for a while I imagine you snuggled up with a book, snow piled up outside, with your little dolls and paintings watching you out of the corner of their eye...

I need to send you some pics of Tate!

tina kirk said...

Hi Sandy, Your art is magical! I love your dolls and reading your blog! Thanks for sharing.....

NanaBeast said...

Bunny baby's dress is fabulous. I can't quite see the detail in this photo. Is is applique? The material drapes so lusciously! I love the subtle pastel colors too.

Sandy, I know the greedy feeling so well. I want to do it all and I want it NOW!

Lately when I feel that way I try and remember to pray. Asking for His good and perfect will to take over and direct me to what will be just right for the moment. I use to think it would be the dishes or laundry or paying the bills - not so! The last time I was truly successful in going with His leading I ended up coloring a mandala with colored pencils. It had me relaxed and joyful so that later that evening I got a load of dishes done without thinking about it and went back to finishing the mandala before bed.

He is there all the time and loves us so very, very much.

the mixie pixie said...

Oh, Sandy, how many times I felt exactly the same way! Even now, being disabled and having all this time on my hands, I find I want more "good time" when I have more energy and inspiration, less pain...I, too, believe in the power of prayer, so I have said one for you, and for womankind, because I think this is common to our experience, and not so good for our satisfaction with life. I sent you an ETSY-mail about this bunny- which I am greedy for!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I myself like to read instead of doing housework and the dirt always seems to be there when I'm finished. I do art instead of housework too...see where I'm heading with this?? So just don't ever come over unannounced!!

canngil said...

we just bit the bullet and upgraded our computer. they are much like us, they get slower as they get older and overloaded....got an amazing 24" screen....lovely.....

tina kirk said...

Hi Sandy , to answer your question about my blog- any thing that happens there is by accident! I don't know the pictures got to the side. My son told me I need a crank for my computer! I am clueless about computers , I can do just enough to get by!

Shayla said...

That bunny doll is simply...AMAZING!!!

Lydia said...

Hi-Sandy,

Maybe it's been crazy with everyone! That's the way I feel. I feel like I have no time for much of anything! Maybe it has something to do with the world at this place and time.

Your new dolls are wonderful, as usual! And forgive me that I forgot to thank you for the items I purchased recently! Everything came very timely and I love them!!!!!

x0x0x0 Lydia:)

Lydia said...

PS- My blogs have been loading slowly as well. They did not before. Maybe it's that $18million web site!....hahaha...wahhhhhh(I have a Mac).

xo la