Friday, July 11, 2008

It Had to be You...sold

I have a book called A World of Movies . I drew this while looking at Bette Davis . It doesn't look like her [ I didn't care if it did or not ] . It just was the inspiration .

The photo was of her and Leslie Howard in Of Human Bondage . I love that movie .
I LOVED the book . The book was SO good . it is one of my favorite classics .

This is a 5 x 7 illustration.
pen and acrylic wash.
on illustration board

Off to my Etsy shop
Wow... she just sold to a lovely lady in Germany !!!! Thank you Rachel !

5 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Beautiful face on this one, Sandy. This whole series is just wonderful...I really like the Rose Girl too.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi sandy!
oh i love her! the texture in her hair and clothes is so amazing. it totally works. she is gorgeous!
xo
melissa

Cathy said...

This has to be my favourite Sandy. She looks so much softer and nicer than Bette too. I love your style.

I am not surprised she sold so quickly.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I love her hair! Beautiful piece!!

I received my little prize....thanks for the extra! Luv her!

Your Keepy Bloggin Buddy,
Tracy

Tara's Art Camp said...

I so love your work,,,,,,, you are an inspiration.