Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On the Path of Love


A favorite song of mine is called

" Calico Skies " .

It makes me happy and melancholy at the same
time.


I used one line from the song in this painting .
You can hear the song on You Tube. Sorry I don't know how to link it here .

another thought .................
My friend ( Senor Loco ] told me that I am in every painting I do .
I am this man.
I am this woman .
sometimes happy , sometimes not so happy .
... on the path of love .



This was a quick drawing in pen , done VERY late [ or early .... a 3 a.m. drawing ]. I drew it on crappy newsprint paper , cut it out , glued it onto an old book cover, and added color and more pen work . I love to do 3 in the morning drawings .

4 comments:

Little Blue Violet said...

Sure wish I could crank out art like this with a pen on crapy paper at 3AM!
smiles,
DarLy*~

Diana said...

I just. I. Oof.

Goddammit. You are so talented!!!

I love it. I love everything about it. I love how manic it is, how you can't tell if they really love each other or detest each other (but then again, when can you really?). I could stare at it forever and not know more than the first time I looked at it and that would be wonderful with me.

Most people who are so brilliant like this are also quite nuts. Although you're impossibly the contrary, sometimes I like to picture otherwise. Don't tell Jerry.

xox

Theresa said...

I love the faces of these two.... He looks so happy that he could be singing for the whole world to hear.... while she's angry that he's so damn happy... LOLOLOLOL!!!! :) I LOVE IT!!

Hugs,

Theresa

La Fiancée disparue said...

Oh, I love this entry....

x